Who we are
Twins International is an Italian private Onlus association, apolitical and irreligious, which works in Africa. Since 2007 it has been developing Alice for Children’s projects in Kenya to support especially distressed and vulnerable children. We support about 2,500 orphans and we operate in Nairobi’s slums and in the rural area of Rombo, at Kilimanjaro’s slopes.
Alice for Children’s projects work in Africa in order to start programs which guarantee a right nutrition and to give more and more orphans the opportunity to enter schools, to have a high-quality education, to attend vocational courses and to get all instruments which can be fundamental to have a future, an adequate job and to live in dignity. We pay a special attention to the fight against AIDS/HIV; in particular, we guarantee medical assistance to all people who benefit from our projects. We try to make women’s voice heard, in order to claim for their right to equality, which is too often denied in developing countries like Kenya.
Twins International Onlus works thanks to a structure that is as simple as possible, having the smallest number of employees and groups of volunteers who help both in Africa and in Italy.
SOME FIGURES ABOUT US
- 3 SCHOOLS
- 1 MUSIC SCHOOL
- 1 PROFESSIONAL ITALIAN FOOD ACADEMY
- 2 CHILDREN’S HOMES
- 200 ORPHANS SUPPORTED, CONSIDERING THE CHILDREN HOSTED IN OUR HOMES AND THE BOYS AND GIRLS ATTENDING SECONDARY AND VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS 512 SCHOLARSHIPS
- 512 CHILDREN BENEFITING FROM EDUCATION AND MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
- 684 CHILDREN BENEFITING FROM EDUCATION AND MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
- 20 CHILDREN REINSTATED IN THEIR FAMILIES EACH YEARBAMBINI REINTEGRATI IN FAMIGLIA OGNI ANNO